7.01.2013

subtracting

-
 

Brain release, because sometimes that needs to happen:

There is a difference between sacraments with a promise and sacraments without a promise.

Good words to remember and to use: pariah, culvert, and garrulity.

I think I should start writing to-make lists rather than to-do lists.

This place has had me thinking.

It is solved by walking.

Prayer is just a way of storming the Lord's tenderness. (Georges Bernanos)

I want to be better about keeping records of those things that inspire me. Lately: Christa Blackwood (picture above is hers), Kurt Simonson (love absolutely all of it), Samantha VanDeman, the Salve Regina, Andrew Wyeth (makes me miss Pennsylvania), Gabriel Orozco (especially his working tables), Tadao Ando's Church of Light.

"Faith is not a thing one 'loses,' we merely cease to shape our lives by it . . ." (Georges Bernanos)

"I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible." (East of Eden)

Good surnames: Emmons, Kilderry, and Cairns. (Can you tell I have been addressing a lot of envelopes?)

"God is not found in the soul by adding anything but by subtracting." (Meister Eckhart)

A good-looking book and a good-looking raincoat.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment