6.04.2012

dear yosemite

-
Photobucket
-
Photobucket
-

Photobucket
-

Photobucket
-
Photobucket
-
One of my dreams for my Californian trip was to go to Yosemite. And thanks to some dear friends and an early morning squished in a pick-up truck listening to horror stories about deaths in Yosemite, I got to go last week. And gracious, what a place. Someday I want to go back and hike Half Dome.
-
Dear Yosemite

I walked your stairs to glory.

I breathed your aurulent haze,
and your sky-flung pines
stigmatized my longing,
as I ascended your heights.

But heaven is not here,
at least, not now,
not yet.

And I descend your deflated walls,
readdressing the world--

and try again, with this:

Dear Fern,
Dear Pebble,
Dear Pine Needle.
-

1 comment:

  1. the last lines of this are stunning dear.

    and its whole conception and message communicates an essential. beautiful. thing I do not want to name.

    ReplyDelete