4.06.2012

great waters fell from heaven

-
Photobucket
-
Spending the weekend in Cincinnati with Em and Torunn: driving through windmill-land, listening to Josh Ritter and Dolly Parton, snuggling all three together in a double bed, eating Gram's best banana bread, lazy mornings spent laughing and drinking coffee, writing essays about the Haitian Revolution, etc.

In other thoughts: we talked in Renaissance Art last week about this watercolor by Durer and I cannot get it out of my mind, especially the words Durer wrote about the dream that inspired the painting.

Sometimes my dreams and hopes just seem fuzzy and obscure, like this watercolor. And that, I think, is why I find Durer's words especially profound: May the Lord turn all these things to the best.

Because, in the end of things, I find those are the only words left to say.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment