6.13.2011

the monster with a lace hem

-
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
-
I still find myself at times transporting myself back to Maine - sitting on the cliffs, sun's heat pressing down on my arms and shoulders, breathing in wind-full gulps of ocean air. I miss sitting alone, reading and praying aloud and just being. I think I've decided that some day, some place, I need to live near the ocean - that "monster with a lace hem," as Annie Dillard so perfectly describes it.

I am now back in Chicago, landlocked and far from the Atlantic, spending a week in classes before leaving for travels abroad in England. And I am excited, but I miss the sea. So before this blog becomes deluged with all-things-British, I plan to post about a few of my favorite spots in Maine . . . and my summer gallivanting with this one lovely lady. More to come!

[pictures of a sea cottage in the fog one morning (can I live here please?), the wharf in ogunquit, me taking in the view (pc: amy), a little chowder spot on the wharf, and some lobster traps]
-

1 comment:

  1. <3 I can't wait to read your musings from the continent miss britt to be.

    Lovely pictures (and thoughts as always)

    ReplyDelete